Monday, January 16, 2012
We’ve developed an effective process for bringing new customers on board.
While a detailed description of each phase is beyond the scope of a blog post, here’s an outline:
- Discovery and Documentation – document amongst other things what aspects of a log file need to be processed.
- Analysis – essentially study log files and the feasibility of parsing relevant sections with SPLi
- Design – here’s where we identify and codify the relationships between various objects.
- Development – develop cool SPL code to parse our client’s data.
- Deployment – including setting up the infrastructure and populating it with existing/historic data.
- Provisioning – ensuring user access to the system.
Keen to try it out? Start off with a JUMPSTART