Minimal hierarchy across the organization, and even when we do, those leaders spend 80% of their time as Individual contributors and very little time managing their teams.
Entrepreneurial spirit with the motto to rather try and fail than not try at all, be persistent, patient, and show a high degree of perseverance.
Not just to ensure open communication and agility, but also because we believe everyone is equal.
Complete transparency with the goal that we want every piece of information to be accessible to every employee without red tape.
Ownership for everyone by treating everyone as a stake holder in the company. We make sure everyone has options and ownership in company’s future success.
Glassbeam is seeking a smart DevOps engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our SaaS platform. You will automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You will also be responsible for automating the complete deployment, so that we can bring up or down the whole stack in a very short time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Automate, streamline all deployment activities
- Monitor all production instances for incidents and trends
- Implement best practices to ensure for an always-up, always-available service
- Ensure the SaaS environment follows all the best practices of security and is attack proof.
- Optimize cloud infrastructure to reduce TCO
- Work closely with Engineering to understand changes in each release and keep all tools up-to-date to ensure automated deployments
- Plan, execute all planned downtimes for upgrades, maintenance activities etc
- Own up all infrastructure related troubleshooting during unplanned outages
- Escalate and communicate issues timely and thrive to seek quick resolution
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong Linux background
- Strong security and networking background
- Knowledge of Chef or Puppet
- Scripting (Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Monitoring through JMX
- Monitoring system (Nagios, Zabbix)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience on AWS EC2 (or other private/public Cloud providers)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- BE/B.Tech in computer science or similar streams.
- Overall 4 – 6 years’ experience with a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in managing large AWS environments.
For more information, please send your resume to [email protected]