Last Modified: January 28, 2020
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual including:
- First and last name
- Company address
- Telephone number both landline and mobile
- Email address
- Company name and job title
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information using these methods, including:
- Through our own or third-party applications/services: We collect Personal Information through web-based applications and services, for example, when you communicate with us via email, fill out forms on our Sites, schedule face-to-face meetings with our representatives and subsequently share information as follow up, or register for an event where you would like to meet our representatives.
- Offline sources: We collect Personal Information from you offline, for example, when you meet our representatives or delegates in events where we present or exhibit, and share information at our booth, express interest in our products over the phone with our sales representatives, or contact customer-facing teams located either in the United States (our Headquarters) or from our development center located at Bangalore, India.
- From Other Sources: We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example, publicly available information such as LinkedIn or data procured from organizers of events where we attend or make a representation through consultants or through designated employees and, joint marketing/sales personal through contracted partners, when they share the information with us. The information may include, for example, contact name, company, and generic industry-specific data, as well as title, department, address, phone number, and e-mail addresses.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the services.
Use of Personal Information
Website specific use of your Personal Information
- Improving the content on our Sites, for example, by receiving feedback information that is relevant to our customer, partners, and Sites’ users like you
- Conducting data analysis, for example, through Google Analytics to improve the efficiency of our Sites and its content being served
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services
- Identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to you using Pardot or other third-party applications
- Determining the effectiveness of our marketing or sales campaigns that help us understand your needs and interests
- Operating and expanding our activities on our Sites, for example, understanding which parts of our Sites are of most interest to you using third-party applications that provide heat-map tracking, tracking Pixels, and so on
- Preventing fraud or other illegal activities, such as hacking or malware attacks on Glassbeam Inc. and its partners
Fulfilling your request for information
These are the purposes when one of our representatives from marketing, sales or our Press Release media partners will make contact with you using the information you have shared with us.
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests, when you contact us through one of our online contact forms, for example, when you register a request to meet one of the representatives at an event
- Processing your request for marketing collaterals, job applications, on-demand webinars, and customer service requests
Communicating with you through our newsletter and social sharing channels
Our Marketing or Sales team will make contact with you for these purposes:
- Contacting you for marketing and sales purposes, including notifications related to product enhancements and announcements that are related specifically to your needs and interests
- Facilitating social sharing functionality that you choose to use
How we Share Information we Collect
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- Third-party Applications and Services: We partner with third-party vendors to provide specific services on our Sites to enhance your experience and improve the usability for future visits. For example, when you share information through a form on our Sites, your Personal Information may be shared with a third-party application or service provider. The purpose of sharing your information with third-party service providers is to conduct analysis using statistics on the content and viability of their services for you. Our third-party application vendors do not have explicit permission from Glassbeam Inc. to nor are they allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing specific services on our Sites.
How we protect your Personal Information
We ensure you remain in control of your Personal Information that you share on our Sites. We make sure that the personal information we retain about you is secure when retained in our environment and through contractual obligations with third-party service providers or Glassbeam Inc.’s partners and will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of when we make contact through marketing communication (email messages) and our social media pages.
- Security: When you submit Personal Information through our Sites, your information is protected both online and offline. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only designated employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, marketing, sales, or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Tracking & Cookies
We do track non-personal information and data (such as visitor traffic information, pages you visit on our website as well as your IP address) through Google Analytics, for the purposes of improving and optimizing the performance of our Sites.
California Privacy Notice
As pertaining to California residents, we have collected the following categories of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers. A real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name. To be clear, we do NOT collect identifiers such as a Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, address, telephone number. Glassbeam does NOT collect personal information such as a Social Security number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information
- Commercial information. Records of Glassbeam’s products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data. Physical location, as related to an IP address.
- Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Biometric information.
- Sensory data.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
- Inferences are drawn from other personal information.
Sales of Personal Information
Based on the definition of “sell” under the CCPA and under current regulatory guidance, we do not believe we engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months (including that we do not “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years of age).
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the same to you.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us per the contact information described below.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collect personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
How to opt-out of data collection
If you have questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights related to your personal data, you should contact us immediately via telephone at 408-740-4600 or send us an email to email@example.com.
2350 Mission College Blvd.,
Suite 777, Santa Clara,