Glassbeam Inc., is the first company to provide a cloud hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) analytics solution for machine log data with the goal to help equipment manufacturers unlock the business value in the “call-home” data or in “support bundles” when escalations happen at the customer sites.
Glassbeam SCALAR is a hyper scale cloud-based log and data analytics platform designed to organize and analyze unstructured and multi-structured machine data. SCALAR is powered by a parallel asynchronous engine that leverages Glassbeam's powerful and flexible domain specific language and open source Big Data components like Cassandra and Solr. The platform also includes a middleware and API layer, Infoserver, which is used to build standard and custom applications on the machine data. Besides Glassbeam SCALAR, other products include Glassbeam Explorer, Glassbeam Analytics and Glassbeam Studio. Explorer is an advanced multi-faceted search application that allows full text to parametric driven search on raw logs using Glassbeam core SPL™ technology. Analytics is reports, charts and dashboards that are either pre-defined for verticals (storage, wireless) or custom (based on end user needs). Studio is a GUI interactive development tool to allow developers, customers and partners to import raw logs and define meaning thru iterative SPL definition process.
This role is primarily focused on pre-sales and post-sales operations working intimately with customers and prospects in North America. You will work closely with Sales organization to plan, manage and deliver on critical project milestones needed to drive revenues for the company. The job will involve a high degree of business consulting and technical discovery skills around product operational data (e.g. logs) collected from high technology devices installed at customer locations. This role will also demand a good understanding of business application environment in areas such as CRM, ERP, Bug Database, Knowledge data bases, and related engineering and support applications. To effectively deliver on sales goals, you must be able to articulate Glassbeam solution and overall implementation approach to various stakeholders at customer and partner organizations. You must be able to demonstrate Glassbeam products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and represent the company at field events such as conferences and trade shows. You must be willing to travel to visit prospects, partners and customers, and to engage in onsite customer/partner work when required.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in project management and technical software sales. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally. You need to be organized and analytical, and be able to overcome obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches. You will be based in the San Jose, CA office and will report to the Director, Technical Services.
- Lead technical presales activities.
- Present solution overview to prospective clients.
- Conduct discovery workshops, document requirements and build mockups for customer sign off.
- Deliver PoCs and create statement of work for final proposal.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements and interface with development teams in India.
- Create project plan and ensure delivery on time.
- Create training collateral, conduct demonstrations and user workshops.
- Drive weekly calls with all customers to ensure adoption and collect feedback for enhancements.
- Build use case driven marketing collateral and blogs.
- Conduct regular webinars focused on Glassbeam’s applicability in various business verticals.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Experience in successful startups in the areas of business analytics, log management, and system management is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the infrastructure market segment especially in the context of operational data like logs for storage, wireless, networking, or medical devices.
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment with engineering teams located in Bangalore, India.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP, Bug tracking and Knowledge databases.
- Self-motivated, self-educating with a willingness to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Glassbeamers.
- Strong experience administering and monitoring enterprise operating systems, including Linux and Windows.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
For more information, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Glassbeam, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.