Talk Title: Starting Your Big Data Journey with Spark
Event Date: 17 May 2016
Join us for a talk on Big Data and Apache Spark by Glassbeam’s Principal Architect, MOHAMMED GULLER. Mohammad will start with a discussion of Big Data and the challenges associated with it as well the benefits that it provides. Next, Mohammed will discuss some of the important technologies created in the last few years to handle Big Data. Then he will dive into Spark, covering the following topics:
- Intro to Spark and its role in the Big Data ecosystem.
- Why Spark is hot
- Why people are replacing Hadoop MapReduce with Spark
- What kind of applications really benefit from Spark.
- Overview of Spark’s high-level architecture
- Overview of key libraries that come prepackaged with Spark. These libraries simplify a variety of analytical tasks, including interactive analytics, stream data processing, graph analytics, and machine learning